The Energy Design Conference & Expo Session Team is accepting proposals for the 29th annual Energy Design Conference & Expo being held February 26-27, 2019, in Duluth, Minnesota. We are seeking innovative, quality sessions focused on energy technologies, efficient building concepts, sustainable development, and current energy and environmental topics related to the building industry.
Submission Deadline: October 16, 2018
For questions or information, please contact Amanda Oja at (218) 355-3162.Click here to apply.
General conference topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building Science and High Performance Homes
- Commercial Energy Efficiency
- Emerging Energy Technologies
- Energy-Efficient Mechanical and Lighting
- Energy-Efficient Remodeling
- Existing Buildings and Rehab Opportunities
- Green Building and Sustainable Development
- Human Health and Buildings/IAQ/Ventilation
- Policy and Codes
- Renewable Energy
- Research and Development
- Case Studies
- Multifamily Housing
- Energy Storage
- Zero-energy Ready Homes
- Air Source Heat Pumps and Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pumps
- Hands-on Sessions or Demonstrations
Presenter Benefits and Expectations
All presenters receive complimentary registration to the conference (including lunch for all three days). Presenters are invited to a special presenter/exhibitor reception Monday evening (music, refreshments, and light appetizers). Presenters will have a multitude of networking opportunities. Presenters are responsible for providing copies of their handouts and for providing presentation materials if necessary. Specific deadlines are listed below.
- October 16, 2018: : Call for Presenters closed.
- November 2, 2018: You will be notified by November 2 if you are selected to present at the conference.
- November 29, 2018: Presentation due to Energy Design Conference. (Presentations needed to submit for CEUs in accordance with the Department of Labor and Industry Guidelines.)
- February 14, 2019: Final version of presentation due for posting on EDC website.
Conflict of Interest Policy
Our goal is to provide a positive educational experience for all attendees. For this reason, we request that sessions avoid promoting and/or marketing a specific product. The Energy Design Conference session and planning team reserves the right to reject applications based on questionable product integrity and/or credibility.